The Print + ePublishing Conference®
San Diego, California
June 5–8, 2016
Join the world’s top publishing designers and developers, June 5–8 in the city by the sea: San Diego, CA! Find answers and valuable insight on using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and other tools for publishing eBooks, print, interactive documents, and more! Be inspired by fresh ideas and new products.
This 2-day multi-track conference is preceded by a half-day of pre-conference tutorials and followed by a full day of post-conference tutorials.
PePcon: Come for the content. Leave with a community!
Founded by world-renowned InDesign publishing experts David Blatner and Anne-Marie Concepción, and dedicated to the idea that hard-working creative professionals deserve a great learning experience that keeps them on the cutting edge of our industry, PePcon brings together over twenty of the leading experts in publishing using tools from Adobe, Apple, Amazon, the open source community, and more. Get ready for four days of non-stop inspiration and education!
This year's PePcon will be held at the San Diego Marriott Marquis, on the marina by the sea, and just steps from beautiful downtown.
Conference Sessions Will Cover:
- Real-world options for tablet publishing
- Mastering images for EPUB and Kindle formats
- Best Practices for Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and HTML5 integration
- Automated publishing from data to delivery
- InDesign power user techniques
- Open source or low-cost solutions for publishers
- Creating interactive fixed-layout eBooks
- See the full session agenda here!
Due to popular demand, we've added three great pre-conference tutorials* this year. These sessions are on Sunday, June 5, from 12:30 to 5 pm, and space is very limited.
- EPUB Step by Step — The fundamentals of EPUB, from A to Z, all in one place. Learn from an expert how to get started on the right track!
- InDesign Tips & Techniques — Join internationally-renowned experts Russell Viers and David Blatner in this fast-paced romp through InDesign's most incredible workarounds and undocumented tricks. There's something for everyone!
- CSS/HTML for Everyone (especially designers!) — The consensus is in: Every designer needs to know the basics of HTML and CSS. Join us for this intensive but fun tutorial.
*Extra registration fee applies for the pre- and post-conference tutorials
Day four of PePcon is devoted to 6 half-day tutorials for creative pros, and one full-day summit for I.T. staff and developers (note: topics subject to change):
- Mastering InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop — Learn how to use InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator (and even Bridge!) together for amazing and efficient workflows!
- Introduction to Publishing Interactive Apps for Mobile Devices — Adobe InDesign and Adobe Digital Publishing Suite (DPS) is only one way to publish “content rich” interactive apps such as digital magazines to mobile devices, but it's not the only game in town—and isn’t necessarily the best fit for everyone.
- Interactive PDF documents and forms — Everyone loves PDF, but it's not always obvious how to create the interactive effects you desire. Learn the fundamentals (and cool tips) about InDesign and Interactive PDF here.
- EPUB Beyond the Basics — Learn the secrets of the EPUB masters in this deep dive into some of the more complex issues in reflowable and fixed-layout EPUB.
- Techniques for Building Interactive Apps — Once you understand how to start building interactive apps, learn how to make them compelling and engaging, with rich interactive features.
- Building Interactive Presentations, Brochures, Ads, and Newsletters — With a little help, InDesign lets you build a wide variety of digital layouts. Learn the ins and outs and take your publishing to a new level!
- Creative Developers Summit — The premier annual event for anyone who creates or implements custom software solutions for creative professionals (IT managers, coders, scripters, and devs)
Registration is first-come, first-serve, and last year we sold out—so register early!
You can register for the two-day conference, pre- or post-conference tutorials, three-days, or all four days ("Gold Pass"). Your conference pass includes:
- Admission to all sessions
- Breakfast and networking lunches provided on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
- Access to the opening night party
- Automatic entry into “door prizes” worth over $5,000.
(PLUS: Take $100 off all the fees below if you register before September 30 with our new "super early bird discount!")
- 2-day conference (June 6–7): $950 until April 11 (early bird pricing). After that date, it is $1050.
- Conference plus choice of pre-conference tutorial (June 5–7): $1150 (or $1250 after April 11)
- Conference plus choice of post-conference tutorials (June 6–8): $1,250 (or $1,350 after April 11)
- Gold Pass: Four days, choice of any tutorial, all conference Sessions (June 5 – 8), plus access to video of conference sessions: $1,495 (or $1,595 after April 11)
Group, educational, nonprofit, and government discounts
Group discounts are available: Register 3 or more people at the same time and get $50 off each registration!
An discount of $100 off our current pricing is available to students, faculty, and employees of schools, nonprofits, or government agencies. For details, see the online registration form or contact us.
Come for the conference, stay for the weekend
June is a great time to visit San Diego! Click here for more information about the city and the conference hotel.