The Print + ePublishing Conference®
June 1–4, 2015
Join the world’s top publishing designers and developers, June 1–4 in the city of liberty: Philadelphia, PA! Find answers and valuable insight on using Adobe InDesign and other tools for publishing eBooks, print, interactive documents, and more! Be inspired by fresh ideas and new products.
This 2-day multi-track conference is preceded by a half-day of pre-conference tutorials and followed by a full day of post-conference tutorials.
PePcon: Not your typical design and publishing Conference
Founded by world-renowned InDesign publishing experts David Blatner and Anne-Marie Concepción, and dedicated to the idea that hard-working professionals deserve a great learning experience that keeps them on the cutting edge of our industry, PePcon brings together over twenty of the leading experts in publishing using tools from Adobe, Apple, Amazon, the open source community, and more. Get ready for four days of non-stop inspiration and education!
This year's PePcon will be held at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, at the heart of Philly, between city hall and the Liberty Bell!
Conference Sessions Will Cover:
- Real-world options for tablet publishing
- Mastering images for EPUB and Kindle formats
- Best Practices for Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and HTML5 integration
- Automated publishing from data to delivery
- InDesign power user techniques
- Open source or low-cost solutions for publishers
- Creating interactive fixed-layout eBooks
- See the full session agenda here!
Due to popular demand, we've added three great pre-conference tutorials* this year. These sessions are on Monday, June 1, from 12:30 to 5 pm, and space is very limited.
- EPUB Fundamentals: What You Need to Know — The fundamentals of EPUB, all in one place. Learn from an expert how to get started on the right track!
- DPS Fundamentals: Building Folios for Digital Publications — You want to use Adobe's Digital Publishing Suite to make iPad and Android apps. Where to begin? Right here!
- CSS/HTML for Designers: What Designers Need to Know — The consensus is in: Every designer needs to know the basics of HTML and CSS. Join us for this intensive but fun tutorial.
*Extra registration fee applies for the pre- and post-conference tutorials
Day four of PePcon is devoted to 6 half-day tutorials for creative pros, and one full-day summit for I.T. staff and developers:
- Fantastic Four: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Bridge — Learn how to use InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Bridge together for amazing and efficient workflows!
- Publishing Interactive Apps for Tablets —
- Creating Interactive PDF — Everyone loves PDF, but it's not always obvious how to create the interactive effects you desire. Learn the fundamentals (and cool tips) about InDesign and Interactive PDF here.
- EPUB Beyond the Basics — Learn the secrets of the EPUB masters in this deep dive into some of the more complex issues in reflowable and fixed-layout EPUB.
- Publishing to Kindle — Discover how to create documents and convert InDesign files for the Amazon Kindle.
- Building Books and Other Long Documents — Learn efficient techniques and insider hacks for creating beautiful books and long documents.
- Creative Developers Summit — The premier annual event for anyone who creates or implements custom software solutions for creative professionals (IT managers, coders, scripters, and devs)
Registration is first-come, first-serve, and last year we sold out—so register early!
You can register for the two-day conference, pre- or post-conference tutorials, three-days, or all four days ("Gold Pass"). Your conference pass includes:
- Admission to all sessions
- Breakfast and networking lunches provided on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
- Access to the opening night party
- Automatic entry into “door prizes” worth over $5,000.
- 2-day conference (June 2nd & 3rd): $950 until April 6 (early bird pricing). After that date, it is $1050.
- Conference plus choice of pre-conference tutorial (June 1, 2, 3): $1150, or $1250 after April 6
- Conference plus choice of post-conference tutorials (June 2, 3, 4): $1,250, or $1,350 after April 6
- Gold Pass: Four days, choice of any tutorial plus all conference Sessions (June 1 – 4): $1,495, or $1,595 after April 6
Group and educational discounts
Group discounts are available: Register 3 or more people at the same time and get $50 off each registration! An educational discount of $100 off our current pricing is available to anyone who works at or attends an educational institution. For details, see the online registration form or contact us.
Come for the conference, stay for the weekend
Philadelphia is an amazing place to visit in the late spring! Click here for more information about the city and the conference hotel.